Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron post UTME admission screening form. The Maritime Academy of Nigeria, formerly known and addressed as the Nautical College of Nigeria, was established in 1979 by the Federal Executive Conclusion No.EC.(77) 172. It was designed as an integrated institution for the education and training of shipboard officers and ratings shore-based management personnel. They graduated its first batch of Cadets in 1983. Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron post UTME admission screening form.
Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron post UTME admission screening form. In 1988, the status of the college was raised by the promulgation Decree No. 16 of 1988 with a statutory mandate to train all levels and categories of personnel required for the effective and efficient operation of all facets of the Nigerian maritime industry.
WE OFFER HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA in:
• Nautical Science (2 Years)
• Marine Engineering (2 Years)
• Maritime Transport & Business Management (2 Years)
• Naval Architecture (2 Years)
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
(a) NAUTICALSCIENCE (2Years)
(b) MARINE ENGINEERING (2 Years)
(c) NAVALARCHITECTURE (2 Years)
• Satisfy all the requirements for admission into the National Diploma Programme in Nautical Science, Marine Engineering, or Naval Architecture as applicable;
• Possess a National Diploma in Nautical Science, Marine Engineering or Boat & Ship Building Technology from the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron or from a recognised institution, with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.50 (Lower Credit); and
• Have undergone a minimum of one year Post-ND Apprenticeship Training or acquired Cognate Work Experience in a relevant establishment or organization.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) IN MARITIME TRANSPORT & BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
• Satisfy all the requirements for admission into the National Diploma in Maritime Transport and Business Studies Programme;
• Possess the National Diploma in Maritime Transport and Business Studies from the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron or from a recognized institution, with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.50 (Lower Credit); and
• Have undergone a minimum of 12 months [One year] Post-ND industrial attachment for cognate work experience in a relevant establishment or company. Copied from:
All candidates for the HND programmes must request the schools they attended to send the Transcripts of their Academic Records to the Academy under confidential cover.
WE OFFER NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN:
• Nautical Science (2 Years)
• Marine Engineering (2 Years)
• Boat/Ship Building Technology (2 Years)
• Electrical/Electronics Engineering (2 Years)
• Hydrography (2 Years)
• Marine Meteorology and Oceanography (2 Years)
• Hydrology and Coastal Resources Management (2 Years)
These are two-year (4 Semesters) courses of study leading to the award of the National Diploma in Nautical Science, Marine Engineering, Boat/Ship Building Technology, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Hydrography or Meteorology and Oceanography as applicable.
Holders of the National Diploma in Nautical Science and Marine Engineering can take up a career ashore or as sea-going merchant navy officers on the deck or in the engine room department of a ship as applicable.
Holders of the National Diploma in Boat/Ship Building Technology can work in ship/boat building and repair yards, dry-docking yards, Marine Engineering workshops and other relevant establishments.
Holders of the National Diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering can work in any organisation requiring the services of Electrical/Electronics Technicians or Engineers.
Holders of National Diploma in Hydrography can work as a marine surveyors or where hydrographic maps are produced.
Holders of National Diploma in Marine Meteorology and Oceanography can work in Port Meteorology offices or in oil companies.
Holders of National Diploma in Hydrology and Coastal Resources Management can work in Coastal and recreational facilities, in environmental protection agency or in oil companies:
• Maritime Transport and Business Studies (2 Years).
Holders of the National Diploma in Maritime Transport and Business Studies can take up a career as Supervisors in the operations administrative, commercial or finance departments of maritime establishments, shipping companies, shipping agencies, ports, oil companies, shore oil support companies, manufacturing companies, and organizations dealing with import and export of goods and marine insurance. They can also work in establishments dealing with maritime laW and marine environment protection.
[A] National Diploma [ND] in Nautical Science/Marine Engineering/ Boat & Ship Building Technology/Electrical Electronics Engineering/Hydrography/Marine Meteorology and Oceanography/Hydrologyand Coastal Resources Management.
Applicants must posses the Senior School Certificate [SSC] or its equivalent with at least FIVE CREDIt passes in subjects which must include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, and any two of Geography, Technical Drawing, General Science, and Chemistry, obtained at NOT MORETHAN TWO SITTINGS.
[B] National Diploma [ND] In Maritime Transport & Business Studies
Applicants must possess at least FIVE CREDIT passes at NOT MORE THAN TWO SITTINGS of the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent. The subjects must inIudeEnglish Language, Mathematics, Economics/Commerce and any two of the following: Geography, Government and Book-Keeping.
Other Requirements for admission into all National Diploma programmes include:
• Success in the competitive Entrance Examination
• Success in the Oral/Written Interview following the Entrance Examination.
• Passing the medical and physical fitness examinations and eye-sight test to be conducted by the Academy’s Medical Doctor.
• Applicants must be single and remain single throughout the duration of the programme at the Academy.
• Applicants awaiting result of the SSCE or its equivalent need not apply.
Note: Candidates are not required to bring recommendation letters from referees.
Admission will be based strictly on:
• Conformity with the prescribed age limit;
• Possession of the requisite credit passes in the relevant subjects at Senior School Certificate level;
• Medical and physical fitness; and
• Performance in the competitive Entrance Examination and subsequent written/oral interview.
Application Form Purchase Procedure:
• Visit www.macademyoron.org
• Click on “REGISTRATION”
• Click on “Application Form”
• Click on “Purchase Form”, you will be directed to the Personal Information page, enter the following information.
• Fill in the details correctly.
• Select Program: you will need to select National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Post Graduate Diploma (PGD), Miscellaneous (For Post JAMB UTME Aptitude Test).
• Password (You will use this password to login):
• Confirm Password, and then Click “Continue”
• Select Course of choice
• Click “Pay Via Remita”, you will be redirected to the “Remita Invoice Page”,
• Choose the method of payment e.g Internet Banking, ATM Card, Bank Branch
• If Bank Branch: copy the RRR code and take it to any bank to make payment.
• If ATM Card, enter your card details; Card Number, Expiry Date, cvv and pin.
• You will be directed to a page that displays your Examination Number, Transaction ID, RRR, Transaction Status and Transaction Time.
• Click on “Click here to Log in” you will be directed to the log in page.
• Enter your Exam number and your password to login, you will be directed to the “Complete Registration Page”
• Complete your registration by correctly filling in your Application Data, Next of Kin, Referee.
• Click “Upload O’level” ; Add all O’level subjects by clicking the add button.
• After adding O’level subjects, click on “Upload Passport”
• Upload your passport and click the “upload passport” button.
• If you are applying for HND or PGD programs, upload your certificate.
• And then Click “Print Photocard” (You will need this for the Entrance/Interview).
Comment Below & Share This!!Feel free to ask us any question & contribute in the comments sections.
Also, kindly share this information with your friends using the social media buttons provided below.