Metallurgical Training Institute Onitsha post UTME admission screening form. The Metallurgical Training Institute, Onitsha was established in 1980 as a result of a bi-lateral agreement between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Germany. Metallurgical Training Institute Onitsha post UTME admission screening form.
Metallurgical Training Institute Onitsha post UTME admission screening form. The establishment of the Institute followed the technical feasibility study carried out in 1979 by the German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ), after a critical appraisal of the needs of the Steel and Allied Industries in Nigeria.
The report of the feasibility studies, among others, includes:
1. That Vocational Education in Nigeria was heavily skewed towards theories and lacked enough practical bases relevant for industrialization.
2. That the Output of the Vocational Education establishments could not meet the demands of the steel industry for skilled maintenance personnel especially in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical Maintenance and Welding Practice.
3. That greater percentage of the available qualified manpower was generally trained abroad.
Arising from these observed facts, the following recommendation was made among others: That the institute should run a three(3) year programme of study of supervised practical oriented training made up of 80 percent practice and 20 percent theory in five specialized skill areas of:
a) Mechanical Equipment Maintenance Engineering
b) Industrial Electrics Engineering
c) Instrumentation and Control System Engineering
d) Steel Fabrication and Welding Engineering
e) Heavy Mobile Equipment Maintenance Engineering.
The bi-lateral agreement with the German Government ended in June 1995. Thereafter, the then Federal Ministry Of Mines, Power and Steel continued the training programme under the Nation. The terminal certificate awarded at the end of the programme is MTI Diploma.
At the inception of Institute, candidates for admission into Metallurgical Training Institute for improved skill and performance were mainly drawn from the public sector, Steel Plants and Rolling Mills.
These include Ajaokuta Steel Company, Aladja Steel Plant, Osogbo, Katsina and Jos Steel Rolling Mills. Others were State Governments, Nigerian Army, Corporate bodies etc.
Applicants, males and females, should possess any of the following qualifications:
I. West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior School Certificate (SSCE) in four subjects at credit pass level which should include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language.
II. General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level credit passes in four subjects which include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language.
III. WAEC Technical part 1/ National Technical Certificate (NTC).
IV. Nominated experienced workers from the Steel plants and the Nigerian Army. However, from 2003 till date, candidates admitted for the MTI diploma programmes are selected through an organized competitive entrance examination conducted by the Institute after advertising for the examination in two widely read National newspapers for the purpose of nation wide awareness. In addition, letters are written to all the states of the federation to inform them of the entrance examination.
The application forms is available in both hard and online. The scratch card can be obtained from the following:
(1) Exams and Records Unit Metallurgical Training Institute Onitsha, Km 6/7 Onitsha Owerri Road Onitsha.
(2) MTI Liaison Office at the Nation’s capital Abuja with the following address, Plot 4 Niamey Street, Zone 2, Wuse Wuse Abuja.
(3) Designated banks as may be advertised MODE OF ADMISSION, MTI DIPLOMA. Admission is based on the following criteria: Merit Quota based on Federal Character Catchment area Discretionary.
KM 6/7 Onitsha-Owerri Road P.M.B. 1555 Onitsha, Anambra State Nigeria
Metallurgical Training Institute Onitsha post UTME admission screening form.
Comment Below & Share This!!Feel free to ask us any question & contribute in the comments sections.
Also, kindly share this information with your friends using the social media buttons provided below.